About the Cashier Position
Our company is looking for a skilled and friendly Cashier ready to work with our customers. As a cashier, you’ll be responsible for getting customers checked out and making sure they have had a pleasant shopping experience. You’ll also be responsible for price-checking items and processing returns and refunds.
If you enjoy working with people and want to join a team that values their customers, we want to speak with you.
- Greet customers and provide them with friendly and helpful service
- Operate scanners, cash registers, scales, and other electronics needed during the checkout process
- Answer customer questions and assist as needed
- Balance the cash register and generate reports as needed
- Resolve complaints, including processing refunds and returns
- Bag purchases as needed if a Bagger is not present
- Familiarize yourself with and follow store procedures for coupons, gift cards, etc., and for the sale of alcohol and tobacco products
- Maintain a neat and tidy workspace
- Previous experience working as a Cashier or other customer service position
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Basic math skills, including the ability to make change
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Find this Cashier job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Cashier?
A good Cashier provides prompt, friendly service to all customers as needed. Whether checking a customer out or assisting in resolving a complaint, a positive attitude is key to providing a good experience.
Who does a Cashier report to?
Usually, a Cashier reports to a Retail Manager.
What is the salary range for a Cashier?
The typical salary range for a Cashier is $25,000 to $35,000.
Hire a Cashier
Post this Cashier job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.