About the Makeup Artist Position
We’re seeking a talented, experienced Makeup Artist to join our team. As a Makeup Artist for [company name], you’ll be responsible for making sure [anchors/actors/presenters] look their best.
Our ideal candidate will come with a creative mindset and a strong portfolio of previous experiences working as a Makeup Artist. If you think your skills sound like a great fit for us, we’d love to hear from you.
Makeup Artist Responsibilities
- Communicate with clients to better understand their preferences
- Apply makeup in a professional, courteous manner
- Ensure that makeup both enhances facial aesthetics and works with set lighting, costumes, etc.
- Work with other crew members, including costume designers, set designers, and stylists, to ensure the client has an overall cohesive look
- Maintain a working knowledge of current beauty trends, color palettes, and design styles
- Adhere to all required and recommended hygiene standards
- Keep makeup tools and products in good form at all times
- Prepare, present, and track a budget for all makeup supplies
- Assist with makeup and prosthetic removal at the end of a shoot
Makeup Artist Requirements
- [2+] years experience in the beauty industry, preferably as a Makeup Artist
- Diploma or certificate from cosmetology school preferred
- Knowledge of makeup techniques and trends
- Superb communication skills
- Good time management skills and patience
- A keen eye for artistic detail
- Customer-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude
Find this Makeup Artist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Makeup Artist?
A good Makeup Artist is able to see both the big picture and all the little details that go into it. Whether working on a film set or out in the field with a reporter, they’re able to ensure the client looks their best before facing the public.
Who does a Makeup Artist report to?
Makeup Artists typically report to a Key Makeup Artist or Production Designer.
What is the salary range for a Makeup Artist?
Makeup Artist salaries range from $25,000 to $55,000.