About the Merchandiser Position
We’re seeking a creative and motivated Merchandiser to join our team. As a Merchandiser, you’ll be responsible for forecasting sales figures, creating displays that draw customers’ attention, and regularly analyzing data to see how our store is doing.
You’ll perform a wide variety of tasks, from helping out on the sales floor to brainstorming shopper promotions. If you’re someone who enjoys working behind the scenes to give our shoppers the best experience they can have, we hope to hear from you!
- Plan and implement merchandising strategies to boost sales
- Create attractive product displays to draw customers’ attention
- Analyze sales figures, trends, and customer data to determine which products to continue selling and which to replace
- Keep track of product inventory
- Organize promotions, advertising campaigns, and markdowns to drive revenue and clear out excess product
- Act as a liaison between customer and company
- Monitor competitors’ pricing, marketing, and profit margins
- Restock shelves as needed
- Associate degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Previous experience in merchandising or retail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze data and predict retail trends
- Knowledge of industry-specific marketing strategies
- A keen eye for detail
- Valid driver’s license
Find this Merchandiser job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Merchandiser?
A good Merchandiser is able to wear many hats! Whether you’re setting up a display that appeals to our customers or giving a presentation to staff on the newest product our company is offering, you’ll be our go-to person for ensuring our customers are happy while simultaneously boosting sales figures.
Who does a Merchandiser report to?
A Merchandiser typically reports to a Store Manager or Marketing Manager.
What is the salary range for a Merchandiser?
The salary range for a Merchandiser is $45,000 to $75,000.
HIre a Merchandiser
Post this Merchandiser job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.