Account Representative interview questions
Your zero-regret new Account Rep hire will be a confident team player with awesome communication, conversation and interpersonal skills. They might have customer service experience (depending on your needs) and will be highly motivated and goal-oriented. They’ll also have great presentation and negotiation skills.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What does a day in the life of an Account Rep look like?
- What does a successful cold call mean to you?
- Which CRM tech have you used and how?
- What info do you need from the sales department when you get a new customer?
- How would you keep existing clients engaged with our product?
Behavioral interview questions
- Email, phone or in-person: which do you prefer and why?
- Describe a time you aced customer support for a dissatisfied client.
- Have you ever solved a challenging problem for a customer? What happened?
- What’s your contract negotiation experience?
Problem solving interview questions
- What are the first things you’d ask or tell a client when you meet them?
- How would you deal with an important client who always complains about product pricing?
- How would you prioritize multiple clients at once?
- Which do you prefer and why: Closing one big deal or maintaining five smaller long-term relationships?