Your future high-performer will have done their research on your company and have deep industry knowledge. They’ll be strategic, persuasive, communicative and have great stamina. They’ll also have experience building and training teams, will be super motivated and will be dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service. Plus they’ll have great interpersonal and leadership skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Store Manager Interview Questions
- What do you consider the most important store manager decisions day-to-day ?
- Who are our main competitors?
- Which tasks directly impact sales?
- If we sold the same product at the same price as our competitor, but ours wasn’t selling as well, what would you do?
- Walk us through the inventory process at your last store.
- How would you address shrink in your store?
- How would you train a coworker to close the register?
- How do you feel about building friendships with coworkers?
- Have you ever dealt with a conflict between coworkers?
- How do you think your coworkers would describe you as a manager?
- What are your top motivational strategies?
- Did you have to lay anyone off in your last role? Why and how?
- How would you deal with a tardy employee?
- How would you approach an employee who refused to follow a new policy?