Animator interview questions
Your zero-regret new Animator is experienced, qualified (think: degrees in computer animation, fine arts or graphic design) and possibly specializes in one technique. They are passionate team-players with great problem-solving and storytelling skills, plus they have excellent project management skills.
- Look for experience: Ask candidates to send a portfolio/demo reel to show how creative they are and the techniques they’re most familiar with. Look for candidates who submit printed artwork as well, as these are the ones with a truly artistic nature.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- What inspires you?
- How do you keep up-to-date with animation trends?
- What are your favorite animation methods to use?
- When is it better to use MoCap over animation?
- Are you more skilled in acting or action?
- How do you rate your rigging skills?
- Which is your top tech to use?
- What are your favorite games to play? How would you make them even better?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s been your career highlight so far? What about your least favorite project?
- Have you ever fallen behind schedule on a project? What did you do?
- Describe a time your team/client wouldn’t accept your ideas. What did you do?
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you create a storyboard?
- How do you handle tight deadlines?
- What would you do if a client kept rejecting your designs?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now