Marketing Manager interview questions
Your next team-playing Marketing Manager will be an influential leader with solid market research analysis knowledge and tons of experience across the entire marketing funnel. They’ll be keen, enthusiastic and innovative, will understand all your company needs and will be a cool-headed multi-tasker.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- Which are your top performance appraisal methods and why?
- Who is our biggest competitor and how are we different?
- Describe your mobile marketing experience.
- What’s your SEO experience? Describe some common SEO mistakes.
- How do you ace a marketing budget?
- What marketing tech and project management tools do you use?
- What is your paid ad experience (think: PPC or sponsored content campaigns)?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s been your campaign highlight? What made it successful?
- Describe an integrated marketing campaign you’ve worked on.
- Have you ever dealt with a conflict of interest on a team project? What happened?
- Describe a tight-budget team project you’ve worked on. Which areas did you prioritize?
- Describe a time you gave negative feedback to a team member.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you persuade unconvinced senior executives to get on board with your new campaign idea?
- If a campaign failed, which metrics would you use to understand why and how would you use them to influence your next campaign?
- How would you increase brand awareness via social media?
- Which offline marketing techniques would you use to boost a product launch?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now