Assistant Brand Manager interview questions
Your next team player has a marketing degree and knows their way around product pricing, packaging, distribution and positioning. They’re analytical and creative with excellent teamwork and time-management skills.
- Look for the numbers: Candidates should be able to conduct competitive research and produce detailed reports on historical data and metrics (think: conversion rates, impressions of online ads and results of promotional campaigns).
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What metrics are super important for this role? How would you track them?
- What makes us stand out from our competition?
- What makes or breaks a brand online?
- How can poor social media activity damage brand reputation?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s the best advertising campaign you’ve ever seen? What was so great about it and how could you improve it?
- What’s the most successful idea you’ve implemented to reach more customers?
- What’s the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on? How would you do things differently now?
- Have you ever failed to meet tight deadlines? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- What marketing techniques would you use to reach a specific audience?
- Which brand do you think has an awesome marketing strategy? Why and how would you increase its engagement?
- Do brands always need advertising? Why?
- How would you increase our brand awareness at an industry conference event?
- How would you prepare a benchmark analysis?