PPC (Pay Per Click) Manager interview questions
High-quality PPC Managers will be experienced, qualified (think: marketing degrees and certifications in Digital Media/SEO/SEM/AdWords) and will have a thorough understanding of analytics tools.
- Assess past projects: Ask candidates to describe past projects and look out for those who mention specific tools and techniques, and use numbers to demonstrate their results.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your favorite analytics tools?
- What is Google AdWords quality score?
- How and why would you calculate click-through rate (CTR)?
- How do you choose which terms to bid on?
- How do you detect click fraud?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s been your PPC campaign highlight so far?
- Describe your most effective social media campaign. What made it stand out?
- How have you used Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) techniques to improve campaign performance?
- Tell us about a time you worked on a tight-budget team campaign.
- How do you stay up-to-date with current SEM/SEO trends?
Problem solving interview questions
- What campaigns would you prioritize if we had to halve our budget?
- How would you use metrics to find out if an online campaign failed?
- What SEO techniques would you use to boost conversion rates?
- What are the top features to use for an effective PPC landing page?
- How would you analyze a significant drop in weekly rankings?