Marketing Specialist interview questions
Marketing Specialists use market research to figure out what drives consumer behavior and create awesome marketing campaigns.
High-quality candidates are passionate and innovative data-heads with a marketing background. They understand what makes a great marketing initiative and are able to keep track of key metrics (think: conversion rates, traffic and campaign results).
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top marketing metrics to track? How do you organize and parse the data?
- What are the biggest challenges facing our industry over the next five years?
- What statistical analysis software have you used?
- Describe the product positioning process.
- What metrics would you use to figure out whether a campaign was successful? How would you use those findings to inform your next campaign?
Behavioral interview questions
- Which is your favorite: creating a report or giving a presentation to explain marketing results?
- Tell us about your marketing campaign highlight. How did you work with others on that campaign?
- Have you ever worked on a project that failed? What would you do differently?
- How do you share poor campaign results with a manager or client?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you help us increase our market share?
- What methods should we use to attract our target audience: emails, social media or radio ads?
- How do you gather customer feedback?
- How would you promote a product launch online?