Content Writer interview questions
High-quality candidates will have an awesome portfolio that showcases their writing ability across a variety of topics. They’ll be experienced (think: published journalism, personal blogs or copywriting) and will have a strong grounding in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Set an assignment: To truly understand your candidates abilities, set a paid written assignment. Ask them to create an original piece relevant to the role.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s the most important thing about brand voice? How would you develop that voice?
- What new content would you recommend for us?
- Why do we produce content to give away for free?
- How do you think people discover our content?
- How many pieces of content could you deliver in a week and why?
- How would you prioritize one piece of content over another?
- How do you improve SEO?
Problem solving interview questions
- How does your background and experience make you perfect for this role?
- How do you keep motivated?
- How do you maintain high-quality attention to detail?
- How do you proof-read material?
- What do you know about our company and our customers/clients?
- What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself a year from now?