Your ideal Marketing Manager will be a team-player with a deep understanding of current marketing tech and strategies. They’ll be organized, resourceful, creative leaders with great project management and interpersonal skills, plus they’ll be metrics-driven with exceptional communication skills. Look out for candidates who understand your product and company goals.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Digital Marketing Manager interview questions
- What does an awesome brand voice and visual identity mean to you?
- What’s been your most successful campaign? What made it so effective?
- What metrics do you use to figure out if a campaign has failed?
- What does a conversion funnel look like?
- How do customers impact brand-building?
- How do you get the most useful customer feedback?
- What organization tech do you use?
- What editorial calendar experience do you have?
- What is the relationship between SEO and content marketing?
- What are the most common SEO mistakes?
- What is your copy-editing approach?
- How would you give constructive feedback to a colleague?
- Have you ever made an unpopular decision? What happened?
- How do you handle negative brand feedback?
- What are the best and worst things about our brand?
- What are the top social media channels for your brand?
- What’s your marketing automation experience?
- How does paid advertising fit in to your overall strategy?
- What’s your co-marketing campaigns experience?
- Why’s thought leadership important?
- Tell us about a time you created a campaign on a tight budget.
- How do you structure a marketing budget?