Assistant Manager interview questions
Your next high-quality candidate will have awesome biz acumen, strategic talent and soft skills like communication and organization, plus they’ll be a huge support to the Manager.
- Before you interview, decide whether you want to prioritize candidate potential or experience.
- Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you approach an important decision without the manager’s input?
- How would you handle a dip in customer service standards on a busy day?
- How would you deal with an underperforming employee?
- How would you balance customers, the manager and a shipment at the same time?
Role-specific interview questions
- Why does a department need an assistant manager?
- What reports should an assistant manager prepare?
- How do you delegate to employees?
- Do you ever work with targets?
- What’s your hiring experience?
- Do you have experience with company finances?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you aced customer service.
- Have you ever fired someone? Why and how did you do it?
- Have you ever made a mistake as an assistant manager? What happened?
- Describe a time you reviewed a process for max efficiency.
- Tell me about a time you led a difficult team project to success.
- Describe a time you had to make a decision without all the info. How did you do it?
- Have you ever had a conflict with your supervisor? What happened?