Your next team player will be familiar with office tech, tools and processes. They’ll be detail-oriented, organized, and awesome communicators, plus they’ll impress you with prepared and spontaneous questions of their own.
- Look for experience: Ask open-ended, process-based questions to evaluate your candidates’ experience and interpersonal skills.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Secretary interview questions
- Have you worked in a similar role before?
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- How do you prioritize tasks from different managers?
- How do you update managers on their work schedule?
- What were the most common inquiries in your last role?
- What tech do you use on a daily basis?
- How would you rate your computer skills?
- What kinds of docs or correspondence have you prepared?
- How would you plan a meeting for ten people?
- Describe a complex team project you aced. What was the goal, and how did you contribute?
- What cash-handling or expense reporting have you done? How do you record expenses?
- How do you protect confidential info?
- Describe a time you’ve dealt with a challenging client or colleague? What happened?