Administrative assistants can do a ton of supportive duties like arranging travel and meetings, preparing reports and managing filing systems. Basic IT skills and awesome organization abilities are a must.
Top interview tips:
- Include a short skills test to see how your candidates perform on-the-job.
- Ask open-ended and situational interview questions to encourage your candidates to dive deep into their relevant experience.
- Look out for candidates who can articulate their interest in your company and who ask intuitive questions.
- Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Admin assistant interview questions
- Why did you apply for this role?
- What are your favorite types of admin projects?
- What are your least fave admin projects? How do you ace the tasks you like less?
- Are you comfortable with light IT tasks?
- Have you had any experience with calendar management?
- What kinds of docs have you made with MS Office programs?
- Do you have data entry experience?
- How do you balance routine tasks with attention to detail?
- How do you prioritize tasks for different people?
- Have you ever worked with a difficult coworker? How did you handle it?
- Describe a time you aced a team project. What was your role?
- Have you ever implemented an awesome new system to save time, lower costs, or increase revenue?
- What does “managing up” mean to you? How have you done that?
- What motivates you to excel in this role?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now