Assistant Principal interview questions
Your ideal Assistant Principal candidate will be an experienced and influential leader. They’ll be goal-driven, motivated communication pros with experience in hiring, training and developing teachers. Plus, they’ll be effective disciplinarians and impressive relationship builders.
- Understand the hiring process: Your Committee will most likely take the lead on the hiring process for this role. They will decide on the role requirements, steer the hiring process and typically lead the first round interviews.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- Tell us about your professional educational experience.
- What’s your vision of a highly effective (elementary/middle/high) school?
- What are your goals for this role?
- What’s your leadership style?
- How would you rate yourself as a disciplinarian?
- How is the Assistant Principal different from the Principal?
- Have you ever disagreed with the Principal’s decision-making? What happened?
- Discuss the relationship between teacher evaluations v student achievement.
- How do you involve staff in decision-making processes?
- Have you ever introduced or changed a system to help maintain a service or activity?
- How have you helped teachers improve their presentation and engagement skills?
- What are your top classroom management strategies?
- What guidance would you give to newbie teachers?
- How would you give negative feedback to a veteran teacher?
- Describe a time a student complaint resulted in reprimanding a teacher.
- What makes an effective parent organization?
- Have you ever involved a parent in disciplining a student?
- How would you coordinate a new student activity?
- How would your students describe you?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now