HR Generalist interview questions
Your future high-performer is an experienced, qualified people-person with great communication skills. They’re a logical thinker and can clearly express their views on HR issues and trends, drawing on their own experiences.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How has your previous experience prepared you for this role?
- How do you prepare to draft and implement new HR policies?
- What are your favorite HR tools?
- How do you put together awesome benefits packages?
- What does company culture mean to you?
- Describe a time you worked on a challenging hiring effort. What happened?
- Have you ever made a mistake that resulted in regulatory issues? What happened?
- How would you handle a sexual harassment complaint from an employee?
- How do you keep up-to-date with national regulatory laws?
- What do you think of 360 degree performance reviews?
- How would you handle an employee termination?
- Have you ever encountered a conflict of interest at work? How did you handle it?
- What do you think of our brand? How would you improve it?