Paralegal interview questions
Your high-potential new hire will have a certificate of completion from a credible paralegal program. They’ll be professional smart-thinkers with great stress management, communication and organizational skills.
- Do your research: Remember some states in the US have strict requirements for hiring paralegals, so do your research before recruiting.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- Why did you choose to specialize in this area of law?
- Tell us about the education and training that prepared you for this role.
- How do you stay up-to-date with continuing education requirements?
- What paralegal tech have you used?
- What types of legal docs have you drafted?
- What should a [standard legal document] look like?
- Describe a time you had to analyze tons of data to prepare a report with a tight deadline.
- What’s the most complex legal decision you’ve made? How did you make your decision?
- How do you prioritize tasks given to you by multiple attorneys?
- How comfortable are you with handling confidential info?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Describe a time you worked with a difficult client. What happened?