Kindergarten Teacher interview questions
Through your screening process you’ll have figured out if your candidate has a teaching license, ECE degree and work experience, this interview is your chance to figure out what’s not on their resume. High-quality candidates will have awesome classroom management skills, the ability to communicate with children and parents, and tons of creativity. They’ll be patient, adaptable, imaginative and energetic.
- Keep an eye out for experience: Look for a candidate who has loads to say about their lesson plans, teaching strategies and their student progress.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What have your top teaching experiences been so far?
- How do you stay up-to-date on the latest ECE news and education innovations?
- How would you help parents and children prepare for kindergarten?
- What family info is important for teachers to know?
- Given our community demographics, what are your top suggestions to communicate with families?
- Describe the most difficult parent you’ve ever had to deal with.
- What tips or tricks do you have for acing a homework routine?
- What do you know about our curriculum?
- How do you balance different learning styles so all your students have an awesome experience?
- Tell us about a time another teacher used one of your teaching strategies or ideas.
- What’s been your most successful lesson plan?
- What are your goals for students throughout the year?
- How do you handle difficult students?
- How would you deal with a student injury on a school trip?
- What is your favorite thing about being a kindergarten teacher?
- Walk us through a class activity. How would you engage your students' interest? What is the objective?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now