Your zero-regret new hire is a personable and service-oriented, ideally with some kind of customer-facing and/or cash-handling experience. They’re a self-motivated, organized and reliable quick-thinker who isn’t afraid to ask for help, and loves working in a team environment.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Cashier interview questions
- What were your responsibilities in your last role?
- What customer-facing and cash-handling experience have you had?
- Have you ever made a suggestion that saved time, money or improved revenue?
- What would you do if you knew you’d be late for your shift?
- How would you deal with an uncooperative co-worker?
- What would you do during a slow day at work?
- Have you ever had a disagreement with your supervisor? What happened?
- How would you deal with a customer who asked for a discount when there wasn’t one?
- How do you process a refund?
- What would you do if you didn’t know the answer to a customer question?
- Describe a time you aced your customer service.
- How do you stay motivated?