Strategic Account Manager interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have demonstrated experience and have awesome communication and customer service skills. They’ll be target-oriented with a dynamic and driven personality. Plus they’ll have a great understanding of your brand and your client needs.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- How do we stand out from our competitors?
- What’s the top way to communicate with the Product Management team about new features/services?
- Do you have more experience with B2B or B2C customers?
- What CRM and other sales tech have you used before?
Behavioral interview questions
- Email, phone or in-person: Which do you prefer?
- Tell us about a time you closed a major deal.
- Tell us about your most challenging sales cycle in your last role. How did you overcome your obstacles?
- Have you ever made a mistake that cost a client? What would you have done differently?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you prioritize multiple problems from different clients at the same time?
- How would you negotiate with an important client who asks for a huge discount?
- If you struggled to hit sales quotas, where would you look for new sales opportunities?
- How would you support an Account Executive who’s trying to deal with a customer’s complaints?