Account Director interview questions
High-quality Account Director candidates are proactive strategic thinkers with incredible communication and interpersonal skills. They share your company’s vision, are goal-oriented and are experienced in successfully training and leading teams.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s the top CRM tech you’ve used?
- Which tools have you used to track employee performance?
- How do you share bad news with your team?
- How do you keep your team motivated?
- What metrics do you use for a monthly team report? What additional data would you use for an annual report?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s your track record with revenue targets and customer satisfaction rates?
- What’s the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on? How did you overcome the challenges?
- Has your team ever failed to hit their goals? What would you have done differently?
- How long should the onboarding process take and why?
Problem solving interview questions
- What advice would you give a new team member?
- How would you support Account Reps to handle potential complaints following a product price increase?
- How would you respond to an Account Rep who had an angry customer on the line, demanding to speak with the manager?
- How would you approach an underperforming team member?