Corporate Trainer interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire is highly experienced and knowledgeable, with a passion for communication. They are awesome organizers, have top interpersonal skills, are tech-savvy and are great at engaging an audience. Plus, they’ll ask great questions that show they’re thoughtful and insightful people.
- Look for qualified candidates: A bachelor or graduate degree is needed for most trainers.
- Test for great communicators: Ask your candidate to explain difficult concepts to test how easy-to-understand and engaging they are.
- Set an assignment: Ask your candidates to prepare a presentation in advance so you can see your candidates in action.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you deal with an employee who isn’t interested in your training session?
- How do you ensure everyone in your program develops their skills, whatever their learning speed or type?
- How would you end your training session on a high?
- How do you identify the training needs of an organization?
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top training methodologies?
- What’s your worst subject?
- Which subject do you teach most?
- How do you use tech in your job? Which is your favorite?
- How do you keep up-to-date with the latest employee training trends?
- How would you use the ADDIE/Kirkpatrick model?
- Have you ever trained a trainer?
- Are you certified as a trainer?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe your most successful training program. Why was it so successful?
- Step by step, how do you prepare a curriculum?
- Have you ever had a disagreement with someone about a training program? What happened?
- How do you respond to negative feedback?
- Tell me about a time your training didn't work out. What happened and what did you learn?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now