High-quality candidates are creative, experienced and have an impressive portfolio. They are awesome leaders and have great taste, sound judgement and excellent communication skills, plus they know their stuff when it comes to your industry.
- Check their portfolio: Make sure your candidate has done what they say they have by reviewing their portfolio in detail. Look for candidates whose work samples align with your company projects.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Creative Director interview questions
- Walk us through how you’d develop a brand for a new product.
- What’s been your biggest creative challenge?
- What are your all-time favorite brands and why?
- How do you develop a solid understanding of an established brand?
- How do you keep up-to-date with the latest creative trends and tech?
- What’s been your biggest challenge in brand development? How did you overcome it?
- What creative work do you do in your own time?
- How do you best offer constructive team feedback?
- Have you ever received negative feedback from your team? What happened?
- Describe a time you had to reduce the scope of a project because it wasn’t achievable in time.
- How do you develop your team’s skills?
- How do you keep your team motivated?
- What tools/resources/ideas help your work?
- Have you ever introduced new tech to your team? What happened?
- How influenced are you by current trends?
- How do you handle analytics and reporting?
- Should design ever overrule data? Why?
- What would you do if your most important client did not like your work?
- How do you stay up-to-date on consumer feedback, and what do you do with this info?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now