Social Media Specialists manage social media channels, identify which conversations are worth joining and will “soft sell” products via great customer support.
Your zero-regret team player will be experienced in content creation with an in-depth knowledge of each social media channel. They’ll be a great communicator with a GSOH and awesome team-building skills. Plus they’ll know all about SEO, content and digital marketing campaigns, and will be metrics-driven and committed to showing quantitative results.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Social Media Specialist interview questions
- How do you keep up-to-date with social media channels and features?
- What’s the relationship between social media and brand-building?
- Which are your top social channels? What are the pros and cons of each?
- What’s the relationship between social media and content marketing?
- How would you build a strong social following?
- How would you describe your current company’s brand voice and visual identity?
- What are your favorite tools for scheduling, content curation, project management, social listening, etc?
- How would you use social media for awesome customer support?
- What’s the relationship between social media and sales?
- How would you create an awesome presentation to show your results?
- How would you encourage user-generated content?
- How do you bring social media into offline events?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry customer on social media?
- How would you deal with negative brand comments on social media?
- What are the pros and cons of our current social presence?