Marketing Coordinator interview questions
Marketing Coordinators conduct customer behavior research, participate in ad campaigns and produce promo material.
Your future high-performer will have awesome analytical skills, an ability to translate sales data into instructional info and experience with marketing tech. They’ll be a team-player with great communication skills, plus they’ll have done research on your products/services and will be super goal-oriented.
- Decide what you need: Your ideal candidate will vary depending on the seniority of the role. You might find a degree in marketing or business admin is useful.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What makes us stand out from our competitors?
- How would you use market segmentation to drive successful campaigns?
- How do you conduct a market analysis?
- How do people discover our brand?
- What’s your lead-gen experience?
- Describe your paid ads experience (think: PPC or sponsored content campaigns).
- How important is SEO to this role?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on? What happened?
- Report creation vs. explaining marketing results via presentation: Which do you prefer and why?
- Have you ever worked on a marketing campaign that failed? What would you do differently?
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you measure campaign effectiveness?
- What are the top ad channels for our products/services?
- How would you run an awesome digital marketing campaign?
- What customers might you attract via social media?
- What’s the best way to gather customer feedback?