Customer Care Rep interview questions
Your future high-performing candidate will be confident, calm and have awesome communication skills.
- Hypothetical scenarios and role-play will help you test if your candidate can cope on the job.
- Look out for small changes in body language to help you screen. Uncomfortable or impatient candidates might find it hard to deal with pressure.
- Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What would you do if you didn’t know how to answer an unhappy client’s question?
- How would you deal with an angry customer who wants to speak with your manager?
- How would you respond to an unhappy client who wants a discount?
- How would you handle multiple customer calls and emails about a tech issue beyond our control?
Role-specific interview questions
- How many customers do you usually talk to daily?
- Have you used our products/services? What do you think are our most common complaints?
- How do you share customer comments with internal teams?
- Are you familiar with CRM software? What tools have you previously used?
- Do you contact customers via social media? What are the basic rules of awesome online comms?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever worked with targets? What’s your track record?
- Why did you choose to work in customer care?
- What’s your fave comms type: in-person, email or phone? Why?
- Describe a time you turned a negative situation with a customer into a positive one.
- Individual goals v team goals: What’s better and why?