General Manager Interview Questions
They work across all industries and tend to occupy the highest spot on a communication escalation plan. A GM is in charge of hiring, firing, managing and training employees and making sure they have what they need to succeed. They plan budgets, measure results, and identify threats and opportunities to the business.
Your zero-regret new hire will have high-quality interpersonal skills, great leadership skills and an awesome communication style.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- Describe a time you led by example.
- How do you delegate so that no deadlines are missed?
- Have you ever coached or mentored someone? What were they doing then vs. now?
- How would you deal with an underperforming colleague?
- How would you lead an important meeting?
- Tell us about a time you lead a successful multi-team project. What was your role and what was the result?
- Have you ever run a project with a minimal budget or resources? What happened?
- Have you ever worked in a team that struggled to meet biz goals? What happened? What did you do?
- Have you ever implemented changes that resulted in improved productivity, efficiency or costs?
- What was a day in the life like in your last role?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- How do you keep up-to-date with industry trends?
- Why did you apply for this role?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now