Business Manager interview questions
Depending on the industry, a Business Manager’s responsibilities may differ. But whether it’s overseeing an entire production floor or taking charge of sales, your zero-regret new hire will have awesome interpersonal skills and be great leaders.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you delegate and ensure quality on every task?
- What’s your leadership style?
- Have you ever coached/mentored anyone? What were they doing initially, and what are they doing now?
- Tell us about a time you led an important meeting.
- What was your most successful multiple-team project? What was your role? What was the result?
- How do you ensure quality work in times when resources and budgets are tight?
- Have you ever changed a system to increase productivity, improve efficiency or lower costs?
- What was a day in the life like in your last position? How do you prioritize tasks?
- What industry trends have an impact on your role as a manager?
- What do you know about our company? Why do you think you’re our ideal candidate?