Your next team player will be an experienced, professional critical-thinker who’s awesome at keeping calm in a crisis.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What would you prioritize for objectives in your first year at work?
- How would you approach an underperforming employee?
- How would you cope if you had to step into your Director’s shoes and organize a company/department event?
- How would you handle a high employee churn rate?
- How would you monitor employee attendance?
- How would you multitask in the face of last-minute client calls when you have tight deadlines?
Role-specific interview questions
- Describe a day in the life of an Assistant Director.
- What info and tools do you need to prepare and review a department’s annual budget?
- What are the top policies for a company? Why?
- What kinds of reports do you prepare on a regular basis?
- What’s your hiring experience?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time when you solved a workplace safety issue.
- Have you ever had a conflict with your manager? What happened?
- Describe a time you reviewed a process for max efficiency.
- How do you balance stress v workload?
- Have you ever faced any complaints about your delegation skills? What happened?