Purchasing Agent interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have sector-specific experience and an awesome set of soft skills like negotiation, critical thinking and communication skills. They’ll also have an unbeatable knowledge of market research, inventory control and procurement strategies
Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What is your reporting experience?
- How has your experience prepared you for this role?
- What do you think about before you buy a product?
- How do you find top-quality products?
- How would you close a deal with a supplier?
- How does tech help your role?
- When is it better to work with a supplier instead of making individual purchases?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe the time you most successfully reduced a purchase price.
- Describe a time a supplier skipped on the terms of your agreement. How did you handle it?
- Have you ever disagreed with your manager? What happened?
- Tell us about a time you failed to make the best purchase. What would you do differently?
- Have you ever been very stressed at work? How did you handle it?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you make sure just-in-time inventories work well?
- A supplier with expensive, high-quality products or one with lower-quality, cheaper products: Which do you choose?
- How do you make sure purchases are delivered on time?
- How would you fulfil a purchase order?
- How do you decide which goods to buy and how many?