A Warehouse Manager’s role includes inventory, maintaining facility equipment and ensuring efficient dispatch of warehouse products. They’re also in charge of managing warehouse assistants and other employees.
Your next team player has awesome industry knowledge including forklift operation, how to handle hazardous materials and an understanding of Department of Transportation requirements. They’ll have great leadership skills and experience of recruiting, coaching, and monitoring employees.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Warehouse Manager interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- Talk us through a day in the life of a Warehouse Manager.
- What’s the largest team you’ve managed?
- How do you keep up-to-date with technical knowledge?
- How did you control inventory levels in your last role?
- What’s unique about the materials we store at this facility?
- Describe how you maintained equipment and warehouse upkeep in your last role.
- How would you hire a team under a tight deadline?
- What do you think of when scheduling employee work shifts?
- How do you ace communication with senior management?
- How comfortable are you working with diverse teams?
- Tell us about the most complex team project you’ve worked on. How did you meet your goals as a team?
- How would you approach an underperforming employee?
- Have you ever had to handle a conflict between two employees?
- Describe a time you made an unpopular decision. What happened?