Your ideal Warehouse Worker candidate is a health-and-safety conscious, organized, process-driven team-player. They also have great physical stamina and high focus. Look for candidates with a forklift license, first aid experience and the ability to operate power tools, hand tools and heavy machinery.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Warehouse Worker interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- What’s your experience with pricing, labeling, and assembling merchandise?
- What’s your power tools and heavy machinery experience?
- How do you ensure products/shipments aren’t lost or stolen?
- How do you ensure products of different sizes/weights are stacked safely on a pallet?
- When would you use a forklift instead of a pallet jack?
- Describe how to lift a heavy box.
- How do you stay motivated?
- What inventory software tech have you used?
- What would you do if you saw a colleague steal from the warehouse?
- How would you deal with a coworker who requested a tool but refused to sign for it?
- Have you ever made a mistake at work? What happened?
- Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How did you deal with it?
- How would you give a customer bad news?