Maintenance Supervisor interview questions
High-quality candidates will be experienced and will have awesome leadership qualities. They’ll have great problem-solving and training skills and a honed attention to detail. Plus they’ll have tons of knowledge when it comes to health and safety, company regulations and budget.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your favorite thing about your role?
- Describe some of your maintenance duties in your last role.
- Have you done many electrical system repairs?
- What does ISO 14001 refer to?
- What’s your HVAC systems experience?
- How familiar are you with Preventive Maintenance Regulations?
- What’s your PLC experience?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you failed to provide good leadership. What would you do differently next time?
- Have you ever coached a maintenance technician? How did you do it?
- Describe a time you had to solve a problem without your manager. What happened?
- Tell us about a time you identified and fixed a problem before it became urgent.
- Have you ever recruited anyone? How did you do it and what qualities did you look for?
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you delegate work to your team?
- How do you know if your team’s understood your instructions?
- How would you decide whether to replace or repair a certain machine?
- What would you do if a super important repair was needed but it might exceed the budget?
- If you had to create a training plan for new employees, what would you include?
- What would you do if a contractor had an accident while working?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now