Facilities Manager interview questions
High-quality candidates will be educated, experienced and able to use their initiative. They’ll also be critical-thinking and dependable leaders with great communication skills and a deep understanding of standard procedures.
- Look for experience over qualifications: Industry experience is a common requirement. Facilities Managers can also gain certification so you can screen for that if it's relevant to your role.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- How often did you inspect premises in your last role?
- How is a facilities manager responsible for legal compliance?
- What facilities manager software have you used?
- What’s your Business Continuity Planning experience?
- What records should a facilities manager keep?
- How do COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations affect our business?
- How do you choose service providers for [cleaning/landscaping/catering/etc.]?
- Would you be happy to help with manual labor when needed?
Problem solving interview questions
- How could we save more energy in the office?
- If a hired contractor wasn’t using proper PPE, what would you do?
- How would you prepare the office for a quick-turnaround event for customers and vendors?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you spotted a potential risk in the office. What did you do?
- Have you ever had challenges coordinating the team for a maintenance project?
- In past roles, how have you dealt with tight budgets?
- Describe the biggest cost-reduction challenge you've faced.
- Have you ever found diversity among your subordinates a problem? What happened?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now