Hotel Concierge qualifications to look for
Concierges are the first point of contact between guests and the hotel. They answer guest inquiries, direct phone calls, coordinate travel plans and give recommendations for local experiences. They are true champions of company culture and make guests feel welcomed and valued.
Your top candidates will have a proven track record of excellent customer service and may have a background in hotel service.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Cool under pressure
- Considerate of privacy
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Hotel Concierge interview questions
- How has your previous work experience prepared you to be an effective hotel concierge at our establishment?
- What type of customers have you worked with?
- How do you get to know your customers so you can make the right recommendations?
- Which city tours do you recommend locally? What about your favorite restaurants?
- What’s the most challenging aspect of being a concierge? How do you manage this?
- How do you prioritize your work during demanding times?
- How does travel high season affect your work? How do you handle the pressure?
- What is the most unusual request you’ve ever received from a guest? What was your reaction?
- When do you set boundaries around a guest request?
- What does discretion mean to you? Why is it an important part of your job?
- A guest tells you that they’re celebrating a special occasion. What can you do to enhance their experience at your hotel?
- How do you work with your colleagues to get through high demand times?
- How do you establish a good rapport with your colleagues?
- Recall a time you resolved a situation with a difficult guest. What were the issue and the outcome?
- Hotel concierges often “work” a few extra unpaid hours to make sure they can give sound advice on local museums, restaurants, etc. Does this sound like something you’d do?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now