Hotel Housekeeper Interview Questions
Housekeepers give one of the most important impressions of your hotel since they take full responsibility for the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas. They also take care of special requests like extra towels, cribs, and essential needs to make your guests feel at home.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Pleasant personality
- Positive attitude
- Reliability and patience
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Hotel Housekeeper interview questions
- How much housekeeping experience do you have? Tell me about your previous work.
- How do you ensure high standards are met when cleaning guest rooms?
- How do you manage time and finish rooms efficiently?
- How do you keep up with a demanding schedule?
- How do you handle using chemical cleaners?
- What do you do if you are asked to perform a task outside of your job?
- What would you do if you caught a coworker stealing? Who do you report to?
- Describe a time when you disagreed with a coworker or manager. What were the situation and outcome?
- How do you ensure your work is quality when you are busy?
- How do you handle guests who complain about their rooms?
- Tell us about a time when you received praise for your work.
- How would you handle special requests from customers?
- How do you handle sensitive and personal property in a guest’s room?
- This work tends to be repetitive. How do you stay motivated?