HR Clerk interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have awesome communication, organization and IT skills. They’ll understand how to run an awesome job interview, onboard new hires and ace payroll procedures. Plus, they’ll be happy to take on basic, repetitive tasks and be keen to learn new skills.
- Set an assignment: If it’s relevant to the role, test candidates’ ability to prepare presentations, craft emails or manage spreadsheets by setting an assignment during the hiring process.
- Potential over experience: HR Clerk candidates don’t usually have experience but might have an HR degree.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you ace an unfamiliar task in your first week?
- What personal details do you need from new hires?
- What would you do if an employee claimed their monthly paycheck was light?
- How would you onboard new employees?
Role-specific interview questions
- Have you used resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems?
- How do you keep digital and physical records super organized and up-to-date?
- What tools and techniques do you use to schedule interviews?
- What are the top company policies every biz should have?
Behavioral interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- How do you prioritize tasks from different employees?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Have you ever had to work with people you didn’t like? What happened?