HR Consultant interview questions
Your next team player is a qualified (think: bachelor’s degree/Master’s/MBA) and highly experienced critical-thinker with deep theoretical knowledge and strategic know-how. They’ll also have incredible project management, communication and relationship building skills.
- Set an assignment: Show them a short case study about a client and ask how they would advise them.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you deal with an internal disagreement if the deadline was getting close?
- How would you cope with an unimpressed client?
- If a client was merging with another company, what would you advise them to keep an eye on? How would you help them shape company culture?
- How would you prepare suggestions if a client asked you to propose some IT solutions for HR operations?
- What would you do if a client asks for your advice in an area you’re not familiar with?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you keep up-to-date with changes in labor regulations?
- What are the best metrics to use to evaluate a problem?
- How do you prepare to start an investigation for a client?
- How do you deal with low employee morale?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time when you had to solve a problem with a tight deadline.
- Have you ever saved a client money with an innovative solution? What happened?
- Have you ever made a mistake during a project? What did you learn?
- Describe a time you’ve had to balance various projects v tight deadlines. How did you prioritize?
- Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma on a client project? What happened?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now