Vice President of HR interview questions
Your future high-performer is experienced, qualified and has solid employment law knowledge. They are great leaders, communicators and strategic-thinkers and have awesome organizational skills, plus they’re pros at balancing strategic vision with practical business solutions.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What are the top employment laws a VP of HR should know? How has that knowledge helped you in the past?
- What makes an awesome VP of HR?
- How do you lead a diverse team?
- How does your leadership approach change when working with an international workforce?
- How do you measure HR process effectiveness?
- What do you ask yourself when planning strategy?
- How do HR needs impact strategic planning?
- What can you do to maintain awesome company culture?
- How do you ensure HR op objectives are aligned with company strategy?
- How does a unionized workplace affect HR responsibilities?
- How can HR influence company culture?
- How would you resolve a dispute between an employee and an HR exec?
Behavioral interview questions
- How did you contribute to company success in your last role?
- Have you ever made a suggestion that helped boost company productivity?
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced at work? How did you resolve it?
- Tell us about a time you motivated your subordinates.
- Describe a time you addressed business developments with an HR plan.