HR Onboarding Manager interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have HR experience, in-depth knowledge and will be awesome communicators. They need to make new hires feel comfortable, so look for chilled-out, friendly candidates with great people skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What would you include in a welcome package for new hires to get them excited about our brand?
- What would you do if you were late to meet a new hire on their first day?
- How would you onboard a remote employee?
- What training would you organize for an inexperienced employee?
- What employment docs do you need to hire a full-time, non-exempt employee?
Role-specific interview questions
- What do you do once a candidate accepts the job offer?
- How would you measure the effectiveness of our onboarding process?
- How regularly would you catch up with new hires and what would you chat to them about?
- Do you have experience with HRIS? If so, which ones?
- How do you organize tasks and meet important deadlines?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe your own experiences as a new hire and give a few examples of good and poor onboarding practices you encountered.
- How would you describe company policies and values: One presentation to a group of new hires vs separate 1-1 meetings? Why?
- What’s most difficult about onboarding managers?
- How do you keep up-to-date with changes in labor legislation?