Internal Auditor interview questions
They are organized critical-thinkers with awesome communication and negotiation skills. Plus, they’ll have important qualities such as ethics, thoroughness and attention to detail.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- What process would you follow if you identified a case of fraud?
- If you suspected a company was exposed to a major risk, what risk management procedures would you use?
- Have you ever dealt with conflict with upper-level management or an employee? What happened and how did you resolve it?
- Describe a time you successfully made a system change.
- Have you ever struggled to persuade your team to take on your suggestions? What happened?
- Describe a serious operational issue you’ve come across. What happened?
- How would you deal with uncooperative colleagues?
- What would you do if someone asked you to do something unethical like covering up a fraud?
Role-specific interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- How has your experience prepared you for this role?
- How do you develop an audit plan?
- What do you do after you finish with an audit?
- What are the most important elements of internal control systems? How would you review them?
- Have you ever used audit software or CAATs (computer assisted audit techniques)?
- What do you know about information technology controls?
- Where and how do you gather and analyze important raw data?
- Are you familiar with IFRS?
- How do you keep up-to-date with regulation and law changes?
- How can internal auditing add value to a company?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now