Technical Trainer interview questions
Your next team-player will have a bachelor’s degree in their field of expertise and will be highly knowledgeable and experienced. They’ll be organized, patient communicators with great listening skills and a passion for training, plus they’ll have a curious, analytical mind and will ask questions about your training needs, requirements and objectives.
- Look for qualified candidates: Most trainers keep up-to-date with certification, so look out for those with qualifications behind them.
- Look for technical know-how: Ask your candidates to explain technical concepts to see how they cope explaining complex technical theory.
- Set an assignment: Ask them to develop a brief technical presentation so you can assess their skills first-hand.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you communicate the value of a training program?
- How would you handle a trainee who showed less technical ability than the rest of the group?
- How would you identify the organization’s training needs?
- What would you do if someone in your team was uncooperative?
- What techniques would you use to keep a training session on topic?
Role-specific interview questions
- Tech training vs. non-tech training: How do they differ?
- Which is your top topic to teach? Can you explain it briefly?
- How would you design a technical training/workshop/webinar?
- How does tech help you teach?
- How would you measure a training program’s success?
- How do you keep up-to-date with tech/training trends?
Behavioral interview questions
- Describe a time you had to deal with different types of learners in a class.
- Explain a time you used a practical demo to teach something.
- Have you ever helped a company enhance its technological efficiency?
- Have you ever had a conflict with a manager/trainer about a training program?
- How do you cope with negative feedback?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now