Inventory Manager interview questions
Your high-potential new hire is experienced, qualified (think: degree in accounting, supply chain or other relevant field), highly efficient, astute and committed to quality and accuracy. They’ll have an awesome knowledge of inventory management concepts and procedures, as well as great organizational skills and attention to detail. Plus, they’ll be excellent communicators, trustworthy and analytical.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you calculate the inventory value?
- How would you rate your math skills?
- When would you use cycle counting?
- How is EOQ important and how do you use it?
- Can you explain ABC analysis of inventory control?
- What’s your experience of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems?
- What does COGS mean to our business?
- How do you ensure inventory documentation accuracy?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you implemented an awesome new inventory management system.
- How did you ensure inventory met quality standards in your last role?
- Describe a time you showed high-quality leadership skills.
- Have you ever had a conflict with the logistics or accounting department? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- How do you conduct a forecasting analysis to optimize inventory?
- How would you deal with an inventory error?
- What would you do if a late delivery meant a low inventory? How do you protect inventory from this happening?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now