Truck Driver interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire has a clean commercial driver’s license (CDL) and driving record with tons of driving experience. They have awesome knowledge of large vehicle maintenance, traffic regulations and a good sense of orientation. Plus they’re health and safety conscious and have great time-keeping skills.
- Look for the right papers: Remember, if you want to hire someone with their own truck, make sure their license and insurance is up to date.
- Test their skills: Make sure their skills are up to scratch by going on a test drive with your candidate. Ask them to use GPS or plan a route on a map to see how they prepare trips.
- Do a background check: Ask permission for a background check and drug test and remember, law states people with certain health conditions are prohibited from driving large or heavy vehicles.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your pro delivery driver experience?
- What states/counties have you been to in your job?
- How do you stay alert on long trips?
- How do you feel about a slip-seating setup?
- How do you meet deadlines every time?
- What are the most important papers/logs to keep? How do you keep them accurate?
- How important is safety to you?
Problem solving interview questions
- What would you do if you were involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault?
- How would you handle an angry client if you were late with their delivery?
- If you were running late, how would you make sure your customer service is still the best without compromising safety?
- Describe how you would do basic truck maintenance.
- Describe a time you received incorrect info from a dispatcher or other colleague.
- How did you ensure top quality relationships with clients in your last role?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now