Warehouse Assistant interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire understands the supply chain management process and has experience with basic warehouse activities, power tools, hand tools and heavy machinery. They are health-and-safety conscious and are awesome team players.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your hand tools and heavy machinery experience?
- Are you forklift certified?
- Why would you use a forklift instead of a pallet jack?
- What are the pros and cons of manual inventory tracking?
- Have you used scanners before?
- Describe how to lift a heavy box.
- How do you deal with “fragile” packages?
- How do you ensure products don’t get lost or damaged?
Behavioral interview questions
- What keeps you motivated?
- Have you ever made a mistake at work? What happened?
- Describe a time your team disagreed with something. How did you help solve it?
- What’s the best feedback you’ve received from your manager?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you tell your manager/client about a shipping delay?
- What would you do if you had to use a new tool but there was no one there to train you?
- If you saw a colleague stealing from the warehouse, would you tell your manager or approach your colleague first? Why?