High-quality candidates are creative, experienced, qualified (think: BS or MS in marketing) and have pro leadership and communication skills. They’re great quantitative analysts, are metrics-driven and will use numbers to demonstrate their past successes, plus they’re up-to-date with competitor marketing and focused on consumer feedback.
- Set an assignment: Assess hard skills like metrics analysis and trends monitoring by asking your candidate to come up with a brand plan.
- Think diversity: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Brand Manager interview questions
- Why does brand management matter?
- Talk me through your own personal brand?
- What are your all-time favorite marketing campaigns?
- What does a well-marketed product mean to you?
- How do you keep up-to-date on the latest marketing tech and trends?
- How would you get to know new brands during your first week at work?
- How would you describe our customers?
- How would you target a new audience?
- Describe a market strategy you recently worked on.
- How do you know when a branding strategy isn’t working?
- Tell us about a time you gave a coworker constructive criticism.
- What would you do if your team didn’t agree with your decisions?
- What clients have you worked with in the past?
- How would you approach your most important client if they hated your work?
- When is the right time to change a product’s pricing?
- What metrics are most important to you?
- How did your previous team handle reporting?
- How do you keep your team motivated?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now