Technical Recruiter interview questions
Your future next team player will have experience in HR or IT, understand tech terms and roles, and have A-player networking skills. They’ll be an organized, efficient multi-tasker who’s passionate about your company brand.
- Look for experience: Ask questions to figure out if they understand different IT roles and tech platforms.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you make a tech job description shine? Tip: Avoid common buzzwords.
- What would you ask a hiring manager to learn about their role requirements?
- Which sourcing methods would you use to double our engineering team in a year?
- What would you do if a candidate dropped out the day before they were supposed to start a role and you had no backup?
Role-specific interview questions
- Technical recruiting v non-technical recruiting: What’s the difference?
- Which tech forums do you use to source candidates?
- How do you prepare for a tech interview?
- Which roles are the hardest to fill and why?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever struggled to work with a hiring manager? What happened?
- Describe how you’ve reduced time-to-fill through proactive sourcing in a past role.
- How do you contact potential candidates sourced via LinkedIn? How many times do you follow up?
- How do your networking skills help build potential candidates pipelines?