Sales Coordinator interview questions
High-quality team players are experienced in sales, customer service or marketing and know their way around all the relevant sales tech. They’ll have killer communication skills and experience hitting goals, reporting and problem-solving. Plus they’re well-organized, reliable and can close a deal if they need to.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- Which top three skills will help you most in this role?
- What’s your sales/customer service experience?
- What is your sales-contract drafting experience?
- What reports should a sales coordinator prepare for management?
- What are the key things to closing a deal?
- What are your top closing techniques?
- What do you know about our products?
- What’s your hiring experience?
- Which CRM/ERP tech have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever made a change that resulted in higher sales?
- Tell us about your most successful sale.
- How did you meet quotas in your last role?
- Describe a time you solved a customer order issue.
- Tell us about a time you helped a team member become more productive.
- Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- Sell us [this product].
- How do you make sure deliveries always arrive on time?
- If two salespeople asked for your help at the same time, how would you prioritize?
- How would you avoid upsetting a prospect if you needed to put them on hold?
- What would you do if you received a call from an angry customer complaining about a salesperson?
- How would you handle a customer complaint about product/service prices?
- What’s your lead generation process?
- How would you persuade a prospect to agree to a trial?
- What would you do if you found out an order that should’ve been delivered is still in transit?