Regional Sales Manager interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire will have previous management experience in a senior sales position, excellent communication and negotiation skills and an impressive understanding of budget planning and revenue forecasts. Plus, they’ll be strong and dynamic team leaders.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- When’s the best time to prep an annual budget and why? What tools/data would you need? Who would you collaborate with?
- Are you willing to travel for work? What’s your flexibility?
- What’s your sales forecasting experience? Which tech have you used for this task?
- What info would you need for quarterly and annual store performance reports?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you had to present sales results. How would you rate your public speaking skills?
- What’s been your sales project highlight so far?
- Has your team ever failed to meet a sales quota? What would you have done differently?
- How do you handle inter-team conflicts?
Problem solving interview questions
- Describe the sales development process for a new product.
- How would you pinpoint great new sales opportunities?
- How would you train a new sales rep?
- How would you motivate an underperforming team?